The Disable Autorun/Autoplay is a free utility to enable you to turn on or turn off the Autorun feature of Windows, simple to use very much. Online help will be available on disableautorun.com, please remember that you must restart your computer to apply any changes. This program can work with Windows XP/Vista/2003/2008 and Windows 7 (both x86 and x64 systems).
Here's what this program can do for you:
- Disables AutoRun on drives of unknown type
- Disables AutoRun on removable drives
- Disables AutoRun on fixed drives
- Disables AutoRun on network drives
- Disables AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
- Disables AutoRun on RAM disks
- Disables AutoRun on all kinds of drives
- Windows 7 x86;
- Windows 7 x64;
- Windows Vista x86;
- Windows Vista x64;
- Windows XP x86;
- Windows XP x64;
Why need disable Autorun?
AutoRun and the companion feature AutoPlay are components of the Microsoft Windows operating system that dictate what actions the system takes when a drive is mounted. One file named "Autorun.inf" is the primary instruction file associated with the Autorun function.
There are many situations where AutoRun may need to be temporarily or persistently disabled. For example:
- AutoRun might interfere with the operation of a running application and need to be disabled for the duration.
- Some malware maybe achieve this by copying a malicious executable in the drive and modifying the Autorun.inf file so that Windows opens the malicious file silently as soon as the drive is mounted.
If you are having a question or a technical problem with The Disable Autorun/Autoplay, such as OS questions, error messages or other issues, please send an email to help [at] disableautorun.com. Note that due to time constraints, I'm not able to answer all questions via email.
Copyright © 2011 DisableAutorun.com, All rights reserved.